Monday, February 06, 2006

Mary Beth Harrell's Latest DKOS Diary

Army Mom: Why and When I Decided to Run:
I never wanted to be a `politician', never wanted to run for elected office. When my husband, Bob, retired after 23 years in the Army, I got to realize my dream by going to law school and practicing criminal law. You've no idea how many lawyers want to follow the example set by Atticus Finch, and I was one of them.

I decided to run for Congress! because it was the right thing to do. I love my country and I love my kids. I will fight and fight fearlessly (I've got that Irish temper) to protect my family and my home - and my country because I've no doubt that our country has been and can be a beacon of hope, justice and progress. Like you, I consider myself an unwavering patriot. We express our patriotism through our actions, service and sacrifice, not clever rhetoric.
There's more, click on the link to read it.


No comments: