Thursday, June 02, 2005

Round Rock City Council Place 1 Runoff Election

Vote for Rufus Honeycutt in the Runoff June 11th, early voting until June 7th. District 52 candidate Karen Felthauser says:
I would like to encourage those of you who live in Round Rock to vote for Rufus Honeycutt. To those of you who don’t, I would like to encourage you to speak to friends who do and have them vote for Rufus. He is in a run off with Ted Williamson. The third candidate, Sharon Izzo, who was initially in the race, has also thrown her support behind Rufus.
Click on Continue Reading to learn more about Mr. Honeycutt.

Rufus Honeycutt
Successful businessman and Proven community leader
2001 Round Rock Citizen of the Year
Endorsed by Round Rock Police Officer’s Association


I am Rufus Honeycutt. My wife, Margaret and I have been married 40 years. We are members of Saint Williams Parish. I served 6 years in the Marine Corps. I had a successful 30 year business career with the IBM Corporation managing the development of computer products. My 30-year career with IBM required skills in project management, scheduling, budgeting, negotiations, problem solving, and team building. My success in business allowed me to retire as a Senior Engineer at age 54. I was then able to devote more time to my favorite hobby, serving in my community.

My involvement with business and government include:
Co-chairman City of Round Rock Economic Development Commission
Vice Chairman City of Round Rock Fire Department Civil Service Commission
Member of the Round Rock City Charter Review Commission
Graduate of the Round Rock Citizens Police Academy
Chamber of Commerce Tourism Committee
Williamson County Grand Jury
Williamson County Special Commissioner for condemnations
Williamson County Veterans Service Officer selection committee

My service to community organizations includes:
Round Rock Sertoma Club President, Sertoman of the Year and Distinguished Governor
Williamson County Crisis Center Board President and Volunteer of the Year
Veterans of Foreign Wars Post Commander and Texas All-State Post Commander
Serteen Club Advisor at C. D. Fulkes Middle School
Bent Tree Home Owners Association Secretary/Treasurer
Texas Mission of Mercy Coordinator
Frontier Days Executive Director
American Legion Boys State selection committee
United Way of Greater Williamson County volunteer
Blue Santa volunteer

For 13 years I have been requested by my neighbors, service clubs, non-profit agencies, the Chamber of Commerce, City Managers and City officials, County judges, and County Commissioners to take on leadership roles in the Round Rock/Williamson County communities. I have always answered the call. I was honored to be recognized for my successes in this work by being Round Rock’s Citizen of the Year in 2001. I am endorsed by the Round rock Police Officer’s Association for this election.

I am a proven community leader. I wish to continue serving as your City Councilman. I ask that you consider my record and decide if I am the person you want to elect. I have a strong reputation for getting the job done. I welcome challenges so that I might use my skills built over my 30 year career and 6 year Marine Corps service to solve problems and achieve goals.

I have put my time and my money to work for the betterment of Round Rock. I stand proudly behind my record of service to my fellow citizens of Round Rock and to my Country. I would appreciate your allowing me to continue to serve by electing me to City Council Place 1.

Sincerely,
Rufus Honeycutt

No comments: